Monday, August 23, 2010

jasmine secrets

From the dark corners of by bookshelf, I pulled an old Readers Digest book about plants. I now refer to the books as the 'bible'. It has all the answers, man!

We have the most amazing star jasmine bush creeeping all over the washing line. It is now in full bud and bloom and you get high every time you walk out the back. I love the smell of jasmine but when I cut a sprig for the house, it loses its fragrance. Then I consulted the bible!

Solution: immediatley place cut sprigs of jasmine into 2-3 cms of boiling water for 1 min. This stops the bleeding process. Then stand in cold water for an hour before arranging.

I did this last weekend and the house is still full of fragrance - all from 3 sprigs.

Hey Apple! What about inventing scratch and sniff monitors?

star jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment