Saturday, July 24, 2010

strawberries

My first strawberry adventure began with a bag of potting mix. I planted straight into the bag and as you can see, it was fine.... until the summer rains came, and came, and came. It is hard to move a bag of potting mix without the contents spilling out all over the ground. Since starting my vege patch, I have struggled to manage the wet season and it all began that summer with my strawberries.



Since then, I have planted locally sprouted stawberries into a deep pot. I am sure to surround it with mulch and feed it as regulalry as I should. Ideally, strawberries like acidic soil and pine needles are a good source of acid. Which reminds me, I need to get a supply for my hungry berries......



Click here for information about growing strawberries. Click here for information about wild strawberries

No comments:

Post a Comment