Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Summer 2012

the patch
we got off to a great Spring/Summer season this year. It was warm and dry which resulted in a bumper rose season and good cropping of my summer seedlings. Regular watering was required as there was not enough rain. Now the rain has arrived - as well as the cold - and I can hear the veges drinking it all up. So I have got my Blue Lake beans in the blue tub as an experiment as I want to keep the soiled conditioned after a crop of kipfler potatoes. I planted plenty of bok choy, but am having some problems with white cabbage butterfly and so I think it might be too warm now for theses little boks. Rather than start spraying (organic sprays, of course) I will just plant other options, or maybe plant amongst the marigolds

No comments:

Post a Comment